At RiverWays, you will overcome your fear of public
If you are a leader in your profession, speaking to influence
is a critical component of your success.
Unfortunately, fear of public speaking may be holding you
back from having the impact you want:
- Is fear of public speaking causing your career to stall?
- Do you ask other people to do important talks when, in
fact, you are the content expert and should be the one to
present your material?
- Do upcoming presentations to your board, bosses, customers,
or employees make you anxious, nervous, and unable to concentrate
for days ahead of time?
- Do you feel incredibly nervous in front of the audience,
like you are having an out of body experience?
- Do you feel like your authentic self disappears and a
stranger shows up when you make an important presentation?
- Have you ever felt like you lack the experience or knowledge
to be in front of a group?
- Does the simple thought of giving a presentation make
your palms sweat and your heart race?
I have helped hundreds of people overcome these fears and
get to the point where they actually look forward to and enjoy
speaking to an audience.
- Delivering presentations, both inside and outside your
organization, that accomplish your goals and inspire your
- Establishing a strong, genuine rapport with clients, employees,
supervisors, students, even your family and friends.
- Giving an important speech where it feels like you are
having a conversation with individuals in the audience rather
than a presentation to a crowd.
- Leading more productive meetings, where everyone’s
voice is heard and all are committed to reaching a common
- Being yourself and feeling relaxed all the while - even
How can I be so confident that RiverWays programs can help
you become this type of speaker (and leader)?
Because I’ve watched my clients make huge shifts and
I’ve received many lengthy emails describing the significant
improvements they’ve experienced.
But before we get to that, let me introduce myself. My name
is Carla Kimball, and I’m the developer and trainer
of the RiverWays programs. My programs gently address your
fears from the inside out, in a safe, friendly environment,
with others who feel much the way you feel.
Oddly enough, the approach I use to reduce your anxiety
is also what makes you a better speaker.
How does it work?
I help you discover your authentic presence.
You see, after all is said and done, what makes the biggest
impact on your audience is not what you say or how well you
know your material. It's not even your gestures, facial expressions
and tone of voice. Sure, those things are important too, but
there is one “secret” that stands head and shoulders
above the rest.
What's the secret?
It’s your ability to slow down, drop all pretenses
and simply be yourself while you connect with the individual
human beings in your audience. When you develop the kind of
authentic presence that I’m talking about, you’ll
not only make a deep and lasting impact on each audience member,
the people you communicate with will be drawn to you and your
And, there's a really interesting side-benefit to this kind
of presence. You'll lose the crippling anxiety that often
keeps people from speaking up, speaking out, speaking at all.
When you are more interested in making a connection with
the people in your audience and being of service to them,
and less interested in proving yourself, the fear of public
speaking simply melts away and you become much more engaging
Why is authentic presence so important?
If you're a leader who needs to speak well in meetings,
sales presentations, or when pitching ideas to your colleagues
or customers, this means:
- You'll be an important contributor and inspire others,
getting the buy-in you need on important issues.
- You'll listen to and truly hear all your stakeholders.
- You'll be able to significantly influence key decisions.
If you are the content expert, the person
who really understands the material, the person who should
really present on the project, this means:
- You'll be eager to present your material and not be inclined
to ask someone less informed to fill in for you.
- You'll animate your subject matter with your knowledge
- Your audiences will truly get it and leave inspired by
If you speak professionally, this means:
- You'll be much more effective at engaging your audience
and getting your message across.
- Your audiences will love you and refer you to their friends
- People will seek you out for your knowledge and expertise.
What others say:
“What has amazed
me is that this method really works and gets
results quickly. Within a few sessions, each
client has made improvements noticeable to himself and
others in the organization. Any manager or executive
would benefit from this unique program.” -
Jane Hodgetts, Principal of Hodgetts Associates, Executive
& Career Coaching
been more than a year since I participated in your public
speaking program and I’m amazed that not only have
my new speaking skills not diminished, but they’ve
actually improved...The bottom line is that I’m
more comfortable in front of audiences, and I know from
the feedback I’m receiving, along with new invitations
to speak, that I’m connecting with audiences.”
- David Gumpert, Writer and Entrepreneur
Thanks so much for coming to this site. Please feel free
to look around as you'll find many free resources and speaking
success stories to inspire you.
P.S. - If you'd like to explore how I might be able to help you become the speaker you'd like to be, please call me
at 802-436-1144 or email